Not as many commits to HHVM this time. Only doing one week’s worth instead of 4 would certainly explain that ;)
There’s a couple of fixes for Reflection and some work on the fancy register-allocation part of the JIT.
Summaries of the commits for previous weeks can be found in the category’s archives.
My highlights from the commits to HHVM for the week ending 2016-01-29 are:
- Have Reflection say PHP7 scalar types aren’t Hack ones,
ReflectionParameter::getDefaultValueConstantNameonly return a value if the parameter’s default value is a constant,
- Add some style to Hack and make it more stylish,
- Use a helper function to throw exceptions from C++,
- Get PDO to build without PDO_sqlite,
- Log as the JIT gets more mature,
- Change a 5-element tuple to a more sensible record,
- Allow disabling the hot linker script,
- Stop including constants.h,
- Initial support for a
cancel<T>()function that cancels an
- Kill some IDL headers,
- Track some more state when doing register allocation,
- Improve the heuristic used for register allocation.
Thanks to those last two changes, I’m now going to have to go read about Extended Linear Scan when performing register allocation. Compilers are awesome :)